The Representation You Need If You Were Injured In A Fall
While each case offers different facts and circumstances, land and property owners, or those occupying the land owe a duty to visitors in varying degrees to keep the property safe and free from unreasonable risks of harm.
If the property is not properly maintained or falls into disrepair, serious injuries can occur. If you have been injured in a slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall on someone else’s property, on a sidewalk or any other public property, at a retail store or any other business, you may have a premises liability claim to recover for your injuries.
Slip-and-fall injuries can occur in an instant and be due to a wide range of situations, including:
- Water or other liquids that have spilled or leaked
- Paint, oil or other fluids used in construction and maintenance
- Drink and food spills in a grocery store or restaurant
- Ice and snow that was not removed or properly marked with a warning sign
Along with slipping and falling, there are a variety of situations that can cause a trip-and-fall, including:
- Uneven or cracked walkways
- Improperly marked stairs or hazards
- Holes in or other issues with the floor
- Construction defects in floors or other surfaces
- Improper or inadequate lighting
- Failure to provide proper handrails